Even if your love language isn’t gift giving or receiving, most people enjoy selecting a special gift for their special someone. While I think paying attention to your relationships is a 365-days-of-the-year sort of thing, it is nice to remind our loved ones that they are, well, our loved ones on seasonal holidays like Valentine’s Day. I’m not a fan of the idea that we HAVE to give gifts on such occasions, but if it’s something you truly enjoy, you should do it!
Unfortunately, all these gift-giving holidays also result in a lot of junk and clutter coming into our homes. So how do you balance gifting a token of your love and affection with being a good environmental steward and minimizing the excess stuff in your home to create a clutter- and chaos-free sanctuary? Here are my Top Ten Clutter-Free Valentine’s ideas for 2022. If you have more ideas, be sure to leave them in the comments!
Some of these are affiliate links, which means that, at no cost to you, I earn a small commission if you purchase when you click through. This helps support my blogging and YouTube hobby.
1. Equal Exchange Coffee, Tea, and Chocolate. Equal Exchange is a worker-owned cooperative that climate pledge friendly and believes in building a democratic food system… and it’s really good!
2. The Body Shop Skincare Gift Set. The Body Shop is B Corp Certified and uses 100% vegetarian ingredients and opposes animal testing.
3. Davidson’s Organics Tea. If you have a real tea lover on your shopping list, then you’ll want to look into the broad selection from Davidson’s Organics. Fair Trade Certified, USDA Organic, and Climate Pledge Friendly. I personally love their Orange Spice.
4. Yellowbird Foods Hot Sauce. Homegrown in Austin, Texas. They offer a great selection of organic options. Packaged in recyclable, BPA-free and phthalate-free PET plastic.
5. Lorissa’s Kitchen Beef Jerky. They offer organic, grass-fed options. No preservatives and no added nitrites or MSG. They are made with high-quality, recognizable ingredients.
6. YumEarth Organic Candy. From gummy candy to chocolate to lollipops – YumEarth candies are free from the top 8 allergens, artificial dyes, and GMOs.
7. Experience Gifts. So many options here, in all price ranges. Check your Groupon for deals in your area.
Movie or theatre tickets
National Park passes
House cleaning services
Salon gift certificate
8. Subscriptions. Gifts that keep on giving for several months. These are especially nice for someone who likes to try out new things. Many subscriptions are digital and many services are using more eco-friendly packaging.
Foods, beverages, or meal kits
Underwear or sock of the month clubs
Magazines - print or digital
Flowers or live plants
Goodie boxes for a pet
9. Money Gifts. While cold hard cash is nice, there are other money options to consider.
Grocery gift card
Donation to their favorite charity
10. Handmade Gifts. Nothing puts extra love into a gift quite like making it yourself.
Jam, bread, cake, or other edible goodies.
Handmade card with a thoughtful note written inside.
Repotted cuttings from your plants
Recipe cards of special family recipes
A product of your unique art - painting, woodwork, crocheted or knitted item